Thursday, November 20, 2008

thought of the day



So I was driving down the road this morning when I passed a smashed skunk on the side of the road and wondered to myself 'do skunks think they smell bad?'. Then it got me thinking about those people who aren't what you'd call attractive but think they're the hottest thing since Brad Pitt was caught slicing bread. But then I started thinking about Descartes and his philosophy of 'cogito ergo sum' or 'I think therefore I am' and so now I'm wondering, if I think I am the hottest person alive than I AM the hottest person alive. But then I counter myself with the fact that thinking I am the hottest person alive only proves that I am alive and therefore I remain blissfully unaware that I should not be wearing that spaghetti strap top that shows off my enormous obliques (love handles) still thinking that I am the hottest person alive though actually only proving that I am merely alive. THEN I thought, that skunk really stinks.

1 comment:

Steve Edwards said...

Hey Brad,

I'm posting again here just in case you don't go back through your old blogs. Make sure you send me your challenge and I'll put it on the site. You'll probably be sandwiched between me and Catra.

Train hard!
Steve

btw - love this quote,
There will come a day when you cannot do this... today is not that day.